Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What a week!!

This week has been insane and it's only Wednesday...and it's only going to get worse!

This weekend was AWESOME, trip to NY was a definite success. I love going home (NY will always be home to me) even if it's only for a few days. I really need to work on making trips up there every few months, or at least twice a year. We got a late start Friday morning leaving the hotel, plus we didn't get as far as we had hoped on Thursday evening, so we didn't get into Syracuse until 4pm on Friday. As soon as we hit Syracuse we hit a ton of traffic and came to a dead stop. Talk about irritated! We were soo close to being there and that traffic was not helping us get there any quicker. I definitely had some bouts of road rage (I come by it honestly, thanks to my grandma!) but all in all it was a good trip.

Friday night we just went out to eat, Mom, Courtney, Chrissy, Grandma and I, at Castaways, right on the lake. It was a fun girls dinner and of course there was nonstop talking to catch up. Chrissy ended up ordering all-you-can-eat crab legs (she went through 5 orders) and watching her crack and eat them was hilarious!! I've never seen anyone eat so fast!

Saturday was busy busy busy, starting at 7:30 am (not my usual time of waking, I might mention!). We went to the Carousel Mall and found shoes for Chrissy & I to wear for the wedding, and then went and got Courtney's bridal shower gifts. The bridal shower started around 1 and lasted until 4:30 or so and then my uncles, aunt, and cousins came over for the rest of the night. There was like 13 of us hanging out in my grandma's living room talking and laughing for hours, gotta love quality family time! =) We definitely demolished a sheet pizza at like 9:30 from Uncle Chubby's. Nothing beats NY pizza! Unfortunately I was graced with a migraine that morning that lasted until late that evening, but overall the day was fabulous!

I was sad to leave on Sunday, but the only thing that kept me from breaking down was knowing that I'd get to see most everyone again this weekend for Courtney's wedding. It was a loonng drive back to Hickory. We finally left Syracuse (after getting 3 lbs. of capocollo, pepperoni, and some pasta that you can't get in NC, no worries we still have lots of Columbus bread frozen from our trip 2 months ago ;)) at 9 am. Stopped for breakfast at 11, and on our way again at 12. I don't know where the time goes when you're driving, but the trip back seemed to take forever! We hit pretty bad thunderstorms in the mountains in Virginia that slowed us down a lot and I didn't get back to my house until 11:30 Sunday night.

Back to work on Monday and that hasn't been bad. We haven't been super busy, which is nice after the winter, but I hate standing around with nothing to do! Today was so bad that I rearranged a few sections in the pharmacy and cleaned shelves. I think everyone is a little nervous about tomorrow, we're getting a new processing system for our scripts. It's based off of our current system, but there's going to be a lot of changes to get used to, since we're all so familiar with what we have now. Hopefully it won't be too bad since I'm closing tomorrow, but we'll see!

After the wedding this weekend I think I might start blogging about recipes that I'm trying out. I'm going to try to eat healthier (anything would be an improvement from now!!) and start working out (I feel like I say this so many times a year ;)). If what I make is edible and looks pretty I'll blog and take a few pictures and post them with a recipe. I need some sort of project now that I'm done with school so we'll see how this works out.

This was a really long post. Congratulations if you made it to the end without falling asleep ;)

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment