Thursday, May 13, 2010

Procrastination is an addiction

I think I'm the queen of procrastination. Really, I must be. Now, I don't have it down to an art or anything, timing things to be finished just before they need to be, but I procrastinate like it's my job. Take right now for example. It is 12:19 a.m. on Wednesday night (Thursday morning) and I'm blogging. I just finished packing about 10 minutes ago and I think I just heard my last load of laundry finish drying. 


I realize that doesn't sound like a big deal, so here's the kicker. I have to be to work at 8am, stay til 2pm, drive to Raleigh to pick up Courtney & Elphie, head back to Hickory, and then leave for NY. And I have to squeeze in an oil change somewhere in there. Yet, with tomorrow all but promising to be an insanely crazy day, here I sit, blogging because I'm wired! I really shouldn't have taken that power nap a few hours ago!


I'm sure I can't sleep partly because I know that sometime on Friday mid-afternoon I'll be seeing my family in NY and I am so excited!! Two trips to NY this year and it's on May! [The first was for a funeral, in March :( ] Before that trip I hadn't been to NY in over 3 years. Leaving in March was really hard, and it had me seriously thinking about moving back, but we'll see how things go in the future.


So this time we're going to NY for a bridal shower. Not mine! Courtney is set to have her third and final bridal shower this weekend, three showers in three different states! So Mom, Courtney, Christina, and I are leaving tomorrow as soon as I get back from picking up Courtney in Raleigh and dropping Elphie off at her grandma's. 


We're driving [hopefully] to Maryland tomorrow, stopping in a hotel, then finishing the last leg of the trip on Friday morning. It's a 12 hour one-way trip from Hickory to Syracuse, and much more tolerable when it's broken up in two! In March, my sisters and I drove straight through the night, big mistake!! Hopefully this will be a fun all girls trip (although I wish my brother could come too!!)!


Well, I'm going to start a book and procrastinate sleeping a little more, I'll post another blog when I get back, hopefully with some pictures of our trip!


Buenas noches ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment